Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Children's Rooms


"Jillian, Jillian, Jillian Jiggs, it looks like your room has been lived in by pigs!" "Later I promise, as soon as I'm through. I'll clean my whole room up, I promise, I do."

Jillian Jiggs by Phoebe Gilman



Welcome to my nearly empty nest
Where once I could have shown off a room filled with a treasured teddy bear collection mixed with sports memorabilia, is now a tranquil sleeping room for guests.

Where once the College Boy dwelled with his volumes of books and spare computer parts, is now a catch-all room and off season clothing storage area.

Today's tour leaves me in distress as the only room occupied by offspring is often a mess.
I've bribed and I've threatened, I've aided and abetted
but most days I just close the door and ignore what gets me besetted.

For the squeamish or for the idealistic, please be warned--You might want to look away!




Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to show you what's behind closed doors!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I feel your pain! My princess' room is a confirmed and condemned disaster zone. There are some things not worth fussing over. Yes, I have surrendered, closed the door on this one, too.