Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It needed cleaning anyway...

I was having a little insomnia and decided to catch up with the blogging world where I see that Kelly is having fun on Fridays with a virtual home tour for anyone who wants to play. This week she is touring kitchens and since mine needed cleaning anyway, I decided I would play.

Here's the view from the family room:

This is the first house I've lived in where I had light colored cabinets and I have liked the change but I love my dark wood and bring it in with the black table. We bought the house just as the builder was completing it and I was able to make a few changes to meet our needs better. The center island was originally a two level bar meant for eating at. I like to serve buffet style and do a good deal of entertaining, so I had that island removed and put the larger granite island in it's place. We added the bookshelf at the end. It's functional for storage but I change out my baskets, mugs, and decor with the seasons.

One thing I could not change was the small pantry area in the kitchen. It just wasn't going to be enough for my family of 5 so I took the coat closet just off the kitchen and across from the laundry and turned it into a pantry!
I like to change things around on my counters but like them to be as clutter free as possible. Here's one little corner that I love:










Thanks for stopping by!

Gina

2 comments:

Gabi said...

love the island! I also like your little lamp. I need to put a lamp in my kitchen somewhere. It makes the kitchen so warm and cozy.

rebecca said...

Such a pretty kitchen and I am so jealous of that pantry! LOL!

Thanks for sharing :)