For some unknown reason, our power went out for 2 1/2 hours tonight. There was no freezing rain or high winds, no peak usage surge or city-wide blackout...and I didn't forget to pay the electricity bill. It just went out...after dark... and before my tv shows were done taping. Here's what I learned from this short lived power outage:
- We don't know where all our flashlights are located.
- If we knew where they all were, we don't know if those flashlights have batteries.
- The wall switch (electric) that turns on the gas fireplace does work.
- The fireplace puts out a good amount of light.
- It is a good thing that I go a little crazy in the Yankee Candle store (see #1)
- It is not such a good thing when all those scents get mixed together.
- The Princess is brave. She was home alone when the lights went out.
- The Princess is resourceful. She found all the Yankee Candles and lit them.
- The Princess is determined. She was working on a project and continued doing so by candlelight.
- I will find glitter paint in the family room carpet for the next 8 months (see #9)
- We have at least 7 clocks that need to be re-set after you lose electricity.
- No power, no internet.
- No power, no American Idol--no Hollywood Round #3
- And lastly, I am too dependent on all things electrical for my comfort and entertainment.