Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Moment in Time


I've heard the word "historic" many times today. There's no denying that it is a significant day when the first African-American to be elected President of the United States takes the oath of office. It will be a day marked in history as significant.

Sometimes significant days or events aren't quite so obvious. A decision, an action, or an event can change the course of a person's life even if the impact is not immediately obvious. I shared here about a time when my life was changed dramatically. But it was a single decision (my parent's decision to move to another city/church) that set in motion the circumstances that brought me to a place of life change. I personally believe that no event, decision, or action is random but has been ordained by my Creator (Ps. 139:16b) and is for my ultimate good (Jer. 29:11)

There's a Stephen Curtis Chapman song that communicates this truth--

There's only ONE who knows
What's really out there waiting

In all the moments yet to be
And all we need to know
Is HE'S OUT THERE WAITING

To Him the future's history
And He has given us a treasure called RIGHT NOW
And this is the only moment we can do anything about

And if it brings you tears
Then taste them as they fall
And let them soften your heart

And if it brings you laughter
Then throw your head back
And let it go, let it go

YOU GOTTA LET IT GO

Listen to your heartbeat

There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss
THE MIRACLE OF THE MOMENT

This day is significant and historic-- not because we've witnessed history being made but because His Story is being played out in my life-- and your's-- this very day...in this very moment.

No comments: