Thursday, June 25, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Master Bedrooms

This week we are touring master bedrooms. Our bedroom furniture was the first thing I bought with my first real job paycheck. We had been married a few months. When we got married, to my husband's credit we were determined not to live on our combined incomes. We purposed to live on his income and bank my checks for building a savings. We "splurged" one check on the bedroom furniture--and it's lasted us 29 years! I must say that it is so NOT my style anymore but other furniture replacement has always taken a higher priority than my bedroom. It will be the priority on the next move but in the meantime and due to some inspiration from some other bloggers, I want to paint our furniture black. My good friend Miss B is going to coach me through the process but a project that big needs to have a plan and a schedule. So until then, here's a look at the before.

























I told you how the whole room makeover idea got started here. I still like my wall color and since it's the same as the master bath, changing it all would be a job that I'm really not up for. Here's my inspiration room from Ballard Designs. Come back in a few weeks (or months) to see how it all comes together!


Thanks for stopping by! Go see Kelly for more masterful bedrooms!
Gina

1 comment:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Can't wait to see the finished project.