Monday, August 31, 2009

What's in Your Trunk?

You can generally know the season of the year by the contents of my car. It has been an unseasonable cool and wet summer here in Iowa. With a great deal of hope and optimism, I have driven around for the past 3 months with my fully stocked swim bag and poolside chair in the back of my vehicle just in case the occasion arose for a post-workday visit to the pool. That occasion only arose twice throughout the entire summer--what a bummer! So with some sadness, I said good-bye to summer that wasn't and cleared the sun-screen scented bag and it's contents out of my car to make room for the next seasons supplies:


Stadium blanket- check; padded stadium seats- check; emergency clothing kit (rain poncho and sweatshirt)- check.

As much as I may have missed Summer, I must say that I love, love, love Fall! Sunshine filled days and cooler evenings. Football games. Pick your own apple orchards. Corn mazes and pumpkin patches. And while I may have to take a drive up through the bluffs that line the mighty Mississippi to see vibrant tree colors, I think there is something spectacular about this region of the country during Fall. So since my car is packed with the essentials, I will look forward to this season and all it has in store.

Gina

No comments: