Monday, December 8, 2008

Pity Party

Be warned, you are about t0 enter the whine zone.

I'm usually a positive, upbeat person but there are occasions that deserve a good whine. My husband is out of town for business and this afternoon it started raining/freezing rain on top of the packed snow that had accumulated on our driveway. After running a few errands after work, I arrive home to find that I am all alone as The Princess has gone to a local coffee shop to study with friends. "Don't worry", she says when I call to warn her about the road conditions, "I'm not driving." Yes that alleviates ALL my concerns to know that she's riding with her sweet but equally inexperienced driving friend. So I must shovel/scrape alone...in the dark...and in the cold. Are you feeling sorry for me yet? Yeah, I know--it's a hard-knock life.

The wind kept blowing my hood off (the coat is really cute but the hood is more ornamental than practical) so my hair got wet. This combined with the over abundance of product that my hair needs to look decent when I'm days away from a cut and color and this was the result:


So I'm wet and cold and home alone then I realize that it's trash night. So once again I have to shuffle down the driveway to put out the trash can then one more trip for the recycle bin. There's no rule that says it has to go out the night before pick-up but when I weighed the choices, I figured putting it out tonight while I was already wet and cold(and annoyed) was better than tomorrow morning when I'd have to get out of my warm bed and run out in my jammies and coat.
I know, I really don't have anything to complain about. There are people in this world with no driveways, or shovels, or Redken products. I should buck up and count my blessings. Build a bridge and get over it. I think I'll just go do what any mature woman in my situation would do:
I'm going to dry my hair, put on my sweats, make some macaroni & cheese (I might even eat it right out of the pan)...because I am home alone and there's no body to tell me I can't.

That's all. I'm done. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time you have a pity party, invite me over :)