Sunday, November 1, 2009

Thirty Days of Gratitude, Day 1

It’s November and in the United States this is the traditional month of Thanksgiving. So if you will indulge me for the next 29 days, I’d like to tell you what I am thankful for.

Since it is Sunday, I’ll start with…

Church

Mine is not perfect and if it were, I couldn’t attend! But I am blessed to be a part of a community of committed believers who are led by servant leaders who are intentional about encouraging us to a deeper walk of faith.

I love how God’s Word is taught with clarity and relevance.

I love how there is opportunity to pursue a passion to serve whether it be across the world, across the street, or in the nursery.

I love guitar driven worship, and brass line Sundays, and orchestra weeks, and BIG BAND! I love the kids choirs and the adult choir, and my peeps on vocal teams!

From the Psalms of Ascent--

“I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the Lord.” 122:1

1 comment:

Rett said...

I'm glad we get to go to the house of the Lord together!

What a great blogging idea. LOVE IT!