Tuesday, November 10, 2009

30 Days of Gratitude, Day 8

Today I am grateful for music.

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul"

"Music is what feelings sound like"

I have long been the only non-iPod user in my family. Until now.
I got one for my birthday. Up until now, I willingly shelled out $15 for a cd when I usually only listened to one or two tracks. Now I can pick and choose from millions of songs and make them mine for a mere .99 each. How cool is that? And podcasts- all topics will now be at my fingertips. Hubby has the fancy iTouch but I thought I should start more simply so got a new Nano. These pod making people are pretty smart and so is the Nano. It takes video and I can even listen to the radio with it. There's a tiny little speaker so I don't even have to wear the earbuds if I don't want to (although the sound is much better with them IN).

So as fond as I am of my new little toy, it's caused a dilemma. What do I put on it? I love ALL kinds of music. I like music that moves me and music that makes me want to move. I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. I love the oldies but have fun finding the newbies.
It's a big, big music world out there and I've got an empty iPod waiting to be filled!

What's on your playlist?

No comments: