I was drawn in by the $6 all you can eat buffet and was undaunted by its reputation as a senior citizen hangout. Maybe I'm getting too close to that discount rate age, but I enjoyed my meal and the experience. Okay, laugh if you must but I found it all quite pleasant.
Here are some of my observations from my short lunch at Bishops:
- Sliding a tray through a meal line brought fond memories of summer church camps & college dining halls
- "Life is short, eat dessert first". What's not to love about a place that has dessert as one of the first choices you make!
- Real food on real plates--no paper bags, wrappers, or plastic take home containers!
- Not once did a cell phone ring.
- Conversation over dinner. No one appeared to be in a hurry and they were willing to sit and stay a while (and no annoyed waitstaff hoping you'd leave so they could seat another guest)
- No matter how young or old you are, there is someone willing to carry your tray!