Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Glad I Didn't

My plans for this weekend were to turn over my closet by putting away all my fall/winter wear. I was going to store my sweaters in clear totes. I wanted to clean my boots and box them up for another season. I looked forward to replacing the dark colors and heavy fabric of Winter with the lighter textures and brighter hues of Spring and Summer. Then I would be able to take inventory of what fit from last year, what needed to be sent to consignment or Goodwill and what essential items needed to be replaced or added to round out my wardrobe. I also thought that it would be a good time to take my wool coat to the cleaners then put away all the scarves, hats, and gloves that have accumulated in the closet shelf (and on the closet floor if I'm honest).

This seemed to be a reasonable goal.
The calendar said it was Spring.
The weather had been seasonable for this time of year.

Then it started doing this:










And didn't stop until several inches had accumulated on grass that was just starting to show a hint of green.

I planned to turn over my closet--I'm so glad I didn't. We had dinner plans out with friends. My wardrobe for the evening required a turtleneck, my wool coat and black boots. Guess I'll be dressing out of my winter closet for a few more days!

Gina

No comments: