Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Early Signs of Spring

A friend of my was visiting family in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago (before the freak snow storm hit our dear southern states) and came back reporting that the daffodils, forsythia, and crepe myrtles were in bloom. Oh how I wished I had been there to see it for myself. I love Spring and am ready to say buh-bye to Winter. But I have lived in Iowa long enough to know that the few days we might get of sunshine and warm weather this time of year are just a teaser. We really won't see Spring until April or May. So I have learned to look for and relish any early signs of Spring. These are some of those things that help me hold on to hope...

A Spring wreath, the March edition of Midwest Living, & my Spring weight coat--after all this IS Iowa!













The cross that stays up year 'round but reminds me this time of year of the sacrifice of Christ and that He did not stay on the cross!












More decorations (I have a thing for rabbits as long as they are not burrowing in my yard) & my husband's favorite springtime toy:










A view from my backyard:









And what they do to my car when I park too close to their roost:










More signs of Spring:
the Dairy Queen that re-opened after a winter break, the Hy-Vee garden center setting up their outdoor display, & hot cross buns at Panera!


So what are the early signs of Spring where you live?

Gina

No comments: