Thursday, September 25, 2008

High Hopes and Dashed Dreams


They said we should stay home, tune in, a promising new season to begin. Thursday evenings were the most promising. I was compelled to hurry home from The Office without going through the ER which according to Grey's Anatomy would make me a survivor. However, I was scheduled to work on a top secret project ( to be revealed in a post later) and would not be home for the highly promoted season openers. So I turned to the DVR with high hopes of capturing what I missed. Systematically making my choices and pushing the little red button as if I were casting a vote for the ones that would win my attention. Confidently I left for the evening trusting the power and memory of this little silver box of technology.

My first disappointment came when I returned home to find that, due to human error, not all of the shows recorded...

The second disappointment came when I watched the ones that did...

So, another question from the Idol Girls study...
"Do you go to something or someone for relief when you are upset, stressed, or exhausted? If so, who or what?"
"Does that someone or something give you relief that lasts?"

No comments: