Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perspective

I had an ah-ha moment at 7,000 feet recently which is way better than having an oh-no moment at 7,000 feet.
The day of our return flight home it was cold and overcast. I made this statement to my fellow travelers, "The sun is not out today". It is my custom to comment on the sun or lack of sunshine as I am not only keenly observant but also, to the core, solar powered.
Our pilot assured me that he checked the weather charts and that our departure needed not be delayed.
We took off and left the gray below.
That's when I had my moment (again, a good moment, not a face in the baggie kind of moment).
Climbing above the clouds and leveling off at 7,000 feet revealed another perspective--the sun was out indeed, it's just that my perception had been "clouded" (sorry).
The truth is that the sun is always out, it's just not always visible.
That can be said of many things.
Just because I don't see it, doesn't mean it's not real or true.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

No comments: