Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Winter Reading List

I know. You thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth. I haven't. I am still here and still floating through the bloggy world but mostly just reading. A February blizzard has me at home by the fire catching up on life. Like this unexpected retreat, I stumbled on a site and was blessed by this post that spoke to me and I wanted to share with you. Take a minute and go see what Antique Mommy had to say. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Oh good, you came back.

Here are the ones that resonated with me today:

#3. In most matters, done is better than perfect. But done right is better than done fast, except for housework. Then good enough is good enough.

#6. You can disagree with someone and still like them.

#7. You can dislike someone and still be kind to them.

#9. You’ll never know how much your parents love you until you have your own child.

#10. You’ll never know how much you hurt your parents until you have your own child.

#11. No one will remember what shoes or earrings you wore to the party.

#18. Nothing in the mall will make you happy. For very long.

#19. We can’t all be leaders.

#20. If you can’t be a good leader, be a good follower.

#21. Make sure the person you are following is taking you where you want to go.

#22. Nothing good comes of a secret.

#23. On the other hand, every thought does not need to be expressed.

#24. Anger poisons the soul. A grudge prisons the soul. Forgiveness purifies the soul. Forgive with haste.

#30. Whatever stylish thing you are wearing right now will look ridiculous in 10 years.

#37. The only way to lose weight is to eat less and move more.

#38. Fashion magazines are designed to make you feel badly about yourself. Save your money.

#50. The person who most needs your kindness is likely the last person to whom you want to be kind.


How about you--which one(s) did you like?


Gina

No comments: