Sunday, June 21, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Bonus Room

I'm really late posting this week's tour. I don't know where my week has gone! This week is my pick for the tour and I'm showing our lower level. I never had a basement until we moved to Iowa--well, that's not exactly true our first house in Georgia was built by a couple from Ohio who thought every house should have a basement. If you know anything about south Georgia red clay soil, you know that we had a basement that stayed wet ALL the time-totally useless!

Iowa basements are quite handy--like now when there are multiple tornado warnings and watches out for our area! The lower level was not finished when we bought the house but negotiated to have it finished. The main living area is a long narrow room that has been a furniture arranging nightmare. That area was supposed to be our tv watching space as well as a place for the kids to bring their friends and hang out. Our furniture is all the cast offs from decorating days gone by. I was saving the furniture for the boys first apartments but so far no one is taking me up on the offer. It's still a nice place to hang out and the frieze carpet hides a multitude of sins, spills, and snacks!




















We also added a "guest room" and a full bath which don't get used as much as I would like.


But my favorite place in the lower level is my storage room. My husband fitted it with Gorilla Shelving for all my Dept. 56 collectibles, seasonal decor, as well as 29 years of things that I just can't part with. On the unfinished wall, I put up nails to hold my many door wreaths and have this little table for crafting or gift wrapping projects.

Thanks again for stopping by. Stop over at Kelly's Korner to see what other people have posted.

Ya'll come back now! (I don't get to say that near enough living in the midwest!)

Gina

No comments: